Personalsafetysource.com is dedicated to helping people protect themselves and to learn more about personal safety. Many people take their safety for granted – until something happens. Something that makes them wish they had taken some precautions in the beginning.
There are simple steps each of us can take to prepare ourselves for what if!!
- 1. Be aware of your surroundings. Look where you are going, where you have been and who is around. Know where you are going.
- 2. Don’ be distracted – limit electronics or keep things like Ipods at a low volume, don’t be engrossed in texting or talking on the phone.
- 3. Stay away from dangerous areas or parts of town. It’s okay to take a longer route.
- 4. Keep an id with you at all times as well as a cell phone and either a pepper spray or personal alarm.
- 5. Trust your instincts – if something doesn’t seem right it probably isn’t.
While these tips seem rather simplistic…they are, but many times in our chaotic lives we forget to think about our personal safety. If taking a moment to implement these tips helps us avoid danger then the are indeed worthwhile!!